Sunday 18 January 2015



What I have learnt so far.

Whilst waiting to fly to Cusco I was most struck by the aircrew kissing the female gate attendant as they made their way through to the aircraft. It all looked so natural and warm and fuzzied me.
The water has a sweet taste as if there is vanilla or some undefined something in it. It takes some getting used to.
Last night I actually had a conversation in halting Spanish and was understood. YAY. It \pays to study.
Cafe con leche is a glass of milk with coffee on the side.
My washing cost 3 soles - $1.21; Coffee cost 7s - $2.82; taxis during the day from central Cusco to La Floridad (my area) cost 3s and during the evening cost 5s. 
You do have to bargain.
It is much cooler than I thought it would be.
I have made 3 attempts and still managed to take the wrong road into Cusco centre. 2 policemen told me how to find La Plata in English - walk up onto that bridge turn right for 5 blocks and then turn left. I was way off. I did walk back the correct way today - it is quicker.
The people are lovely. The people are lovely. The people are lovely.

Above: He is Pachacuti - the most important Inca king 

The Inca Flag (not the Gay Flag!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment